Coronavirus Information & Advice
With the coronavirus situation continuing to develop, we are monitoring all upcoming holidays closely. We appreciate there’s a huge amount of uncertainty at the moment – not just regarding holidays – and we’re here to help in any way we can.
Due to current restrictions, our remaining ski holidays in France can’t go ahead and our resorts in Italy have decided not to open until at least 21st May. We’re in touch with the affected customers to consider alternatives. As the current UK advice on travel is flexible and the restrictions in individual countries are due to expire during April, we’re expecting our resorts to be operating from May onwards.
More generally, following the guidelines set out by ABTA (the leading UK travel association) and in line with many other holiday companies, we are expecting all other holidays to go ahead as booked, unless:
- Any travel arrangements booked with Firefly Holidays are affected by FCO advice within 14 days of the holiday start date
- The resort informs us they will not be open at the start date of a holiday
We know this is a worrying time, but we continue to hope things will improve towards the summer, allowing us all to take some much needed holidays! In the meantime, we advise you do take the following steps to ensure your holiday plans run as smoothly as possible:
- Check you have valid comprehensive travel insurance covering the dates of your holiday and the time leading up to it, in case of cancellation. If your policy does not include cover for cancellation costs if the FCO issues advice against all but essential travel to your holiday destination for your holiday dates, ask your insurer to upgrade it or consider a different policy.
- Check the situation for any travel you’ve booked separately to your booking with Firefly, e.g. flights or independent ferries. Keep up to date with any announcements by airlines, airports, etc.
- Keep up to date with the latest official travel advice and FCO notifications. The UK government’s Coronavirus Travel Advice page pulls much of this together.
- Continue to make any payments towards your holiday, with us and with any companies you’ve booked elements of your holiday with. If you’re concerned about any payment deadlines, get in touch to discuss, as making the best holiday decision is more important.
- If you’re keen to consider re-arranging your holiday to different dates or a new destination, we’re happy to help with this at any time … with no amendment costs.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.
Firefly Holidays during the Coronavirus period: To ensure everyone’s safety, our team are all now working from their homes between 9am and 6pm. Although we will continue to provide the same high standards of service to all our customers, please bear with us if it takes a little longer for us to respond to you, or if our calls include interruptions from children or animals in the background!
Updated 7 April 2020